Insure the belongings kept at the insured address for loss or damage caused by one of more of 11 insured events
Get a quote# Request a Call Make a Claim
Retrieve a quote
Prefer to talk?
1800 221 773 New Policies
1300 658 390 Current Policies
13 10 13 Make a Claim

Ray White Contents Insurance

Cover for contents intended to be kept outside, like your barbeque, outdoor furniture, and childrens play equipment up to $2,000 in total.

Save up to 10% on your first year’s premium when you purchase a new buildings or contents policy online 1,4

Pay by the month at no extra cost6

See More Benefits and
Get a quote#

It's your personal contents that make the house your home - insure them with Ray White Contents Insurance.

Contents Insurance can cover your important items from damage or loss caused by insured events such as fire7, storm or theft.

  • What's Covered
  • Features and Benefits
  • Optional Covers
  • Calculators
  • FAQs

What does Contents Insurance cover?

Contents > What’s covered?

Contents insurance insures the belongings you have at the insured address that you have provided for the use of your tenant: from your furniture, carpet and appliances and even your BBQ.

So, if any of the insured events happen during the period of insurance, we’ll generally pay to repair or replace your contents – up to the policy limits.

The better you understand your policy, the easier it will be if you ever have to claim.

Here is a limited summary of the benefits of a home and contents insurance policy. For full details, of the terms, conditions, limits and exclusions that apply please read the Home Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and any applicable supplementary PDS before making a decision to purchase the insurance. The Home Contents key fact sheet (KFS) also sets out some information about the cover.

Contents Insurance
Cover when you’re moving house Contents Insurance will cover your contents for loss or damage caused by an insured event both at your new and old address for up to 14 days after you first start to move. No cover is provided for loss or damage whilst contents are in transit (unless you have Accidental damage cover).
Alternative accommodation for you and your pets If your Building or Contents are damaged by an insured event during the period of insurance to such an extent that you can’t live in your home buildings, Allianz will pay the additional costs for temporary accommodation for you up to 10% of the building or contents sum insured (as applicable) and up to $500 for temporary accommodation for your pets in a commercial boarding establishment. This benefit applies up to a maximum of 12 months.
Debris removal In addition to your buildings sum insured, Contents Insurance will pay up to 10% of your home and/or contents sum insured for the removal of debris from the damaged or destroyed part of the buildings.
Emergency contents storage If your home buildings are damaged by an insured event and are unable to be lived in, Allianz will reimburse the reasonable costs to move and store your contents for the time necessary to repair or rebuild your home buildings or until you find alternative accommodation, up to a maximum of 12 months and the remaining balance of your contents sum insured after payment of claim.
Guest, visitor and domestic helper property Contents Insurance will also provide cover for property belonging to your guests, visitors and domestic helpers up to $5,000 (included in your contents sum insured), if it is lost or damaged as a result of an insured event that you are claiming for.
Food or medicine spoilage If your refrigerator or freezer breaks down and you lose your perishable food or medicine as a result, Contents Insurance will pay for you to replace it. If you claim for this benefit, excess will apply. If the spoilage is due to a natural disaster (declared by Allianz, the government or the Insurance Council of Australia ) the maximum Allianz will pay is $500. No excess will apply.
24/7 online claims lodgement When you need to make a claim Allianz are there for you with 24 hour claims lodgement available online, or you can call the claims line to commence the claims process over the phone.
Cover for your contents intended to be kept outside Contents Insurance will cover contents intended to be kept outside, like your barbeque, outdoor furniture and children’s play equipment up to $2,000 in total.
Get a quote#

Optional covers

Apply to add any of these optional covers for an additional premium and greater cover.

Contents Insurance
Optional cover – Accidental damage The accidental damage cover option helps insure you in the event of accidental unexpected mishaps that are caused unintentionally – giving you greater coverage for your home building and/or contents.
Optional cover - Portable contents Optional cover to insure your portable contents such as mobile phones, cameras and engagement rings in the event of theft or an accident at the insured address and when you take them out of your home, even when you are temporarily outside Australia for up to 120 continuous days in any period of insurance. Some portable contents must be specified as Listed portable contents with the full replacement value to be covered away from the home.
Optional cover - Motor burnout The Motor burnout option covers you if an electrical current damages your household electrical motors. This cover is automatically included if you have taken optional Accidental Damage cover.
Optional cover - Flood cover Flood cover may be available as an optional cover to your buildings and/or contents. A 72 hour exclusion period applies.
Optional cover - Domestic workers’ compensation cover Cover for a domestic worker (e.g. gardener or cleaner), if they are injured while working for you at the insured address. Only available in ACT, WA and TAS.
Get a quote#

Home Contents Calculator

It’s up to you to decide the sums insured, and the type and level of cover that you want to take out. People generally want enough insurance to cover the property’s estimated replacement value. If you don’t have enough cover, you could end up having to cover some of the costs yourself. Remember, Allianz will only pay up to the amount of your loss or the sum insured, whichever is the lesser (subject to the policy terms and conditions) - so you should also be careful not to over insure. .That's why we've provided the calculator. It works as guides to help you estimate the replacement value of your home contents.

Home Contents replacement calculator

Value my contents

Frequently asked questions

What do I do if I need to make a contents insurance claim?

Do what you reasonably can to prevent further loss, damage or liability. Tell the police as soon as reasonably possible about any malicious damage, theft, attempted theft, burglary or loss of insured property. Contact the Claims Call Centre on 13 10 13 and advise the Claims Consultant of what has happened: the Claims Consultant will help you through the contents insurance claims process.

In order to be sure that you are covered under this policy you should always contact Allianz for approval before you incur expenses you wish to claim. If you do not, Allianz will pay for expenses incurred to the amount Allianz would have authorised had you asked Allianz first.

Am I covered for Flood?

Flood cover is an option on both Building and Contents in Home and Landlords policies. Please call us on 1300 658 390 to find out whether you are eligible for Flood cover. For full details of terms, conditions, limits and exclusions of all our home insurance cover options, please refer to the relevant Product Disclosure Statement any supplementary PDS and Home Contents key fact sheet.

What does it mean if I take the Accidental Damage cover option?

This optional cover provides even more cover – it covers you in the event of damage caused by unexpected mishaps that are caused unintentionally not just the specified insured events.

If you have Contents cover and take this option, the sort of mishaps you’ll be covered for include when you spill red wine on the carpet or lounge.

We’ll extend cover for your contents anywhere in Australia for up to 90 continuous days (not just at the insured address).

I am moving, do I need to have two insurance policies to cover me at both locations?

Through Allianz, we’ll cover your contents for loss or damage caused by an insured event both at your new and old address for up to 14 days after you first start to move. No cover is provided for loss or damage whilst items contents are in transit (unless you have Accidental damage cover).

Which option do I need to cover my laptop, tablet, mobile phone or smart watch away from home?

You can cover laptops, tablets, mobile phones, smart watches and other wearable technology away from the home under the Portable contents optional cover. These items must be specified on your policy as Listed portable contents to be covered under this option. Allianz does not cover cracked glass or screens where this is the only damage to the item.

What is considered ‘unable to be lived in’?

Your home is unable to be lived in when it is so damaged that normal domestic activities like cooking, sanitation and personal hygiene cannot take place, and you cannot live in the home.

How do I know if I have optional covers on my policy?

You can apply to add these options to your policy when you start or renew it (or during your period of insurance by contacting Ray White Insurance on 1800 221 773). If you’re not sure whether you have added these cover options, you can check your policy schedule.

Get a quote# Retrieve a quote Make a claim

Policy Documents and Key Fact Sheets

We do not provide advice based on any consideration of your objectives, financial situation or needs. Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. Before making a decision please refer to the relevant Home Product Disclosure Statement (PDS), any applicable supplementary PDS, and the Home Contents key fact sheet (KFS) also available for reference.


#By proceeding with a quote you agree to receive our Financial Services Guide from this website.

Concierge Group Holdings Pty Ltd ABN 95 105 230 046 AR 267687 trading as Ray White Concierge and Ray White Insurance arranges this insurance as agent for the insurer Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708. We do not provide any advice based on any consideration of your objectives, financial situation or needs. Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. Before making a decision, please consider the product disclosure statement and key fact sheets available at The relevant Target Market Determination is available by calling 1300 658 390. If you purchase this insurance, we will receive a commission that is a percentage of the premium. We may receive from Allianz, a percentage of the profit which exceeds the agreed profit threshold for Home and Landlord (excluding flood), Motor and Caravan policies arranged by us or renewed with Allianz in each calendar year, provided that the agreed premium threshold is met. Allianz also reimburses us for marketing costs we incur to promote its products, which is capped at a percentage of the premium earned on all policies arranged by us with Allianz in the prior calendar year. Ask us for more details before we provide you with services.

The Financial Services Guide - Ray White Insurance can be viewed here.

1. Save up to 10% on your first year's premium when you quote and buy a new home insurance policy online.
When you quote and buy a new home insurance policy online a discount of up to 10% is applied to your first year's premium including the following optional covers (if selected); Accidental damage, Flood, Motor Burnout and Portable Contents. This discount is not applied on renewal.

2. Combined
A discount of up to 10% for combining Buildings and Contents covers on one policy is applied to your premium for Building and Contents, Motor Burnout and Accidental damage cover where applicable. The combined policy discount does not apply to the optional Flood or Portable Contents covers.

3. No Claim Bonus
When you take out a new policy, we calculate your No Claim Bonus based on your home or landlords (as applicable) insurance claims history. To qualify for the maximum No Claim Bonus of 30%, home insurance customers must have had no Building or Contents insurance claims in the preceding five years. Landlord customers must have had no Landlord insurance claims in the preceding 3 years. However, customers who have had claims may still qualify for a reduced No Claim Bonus.

4. Minimum premiums
If you are eligible for more than one discount, Allianz applies them in a predetermined order. This means any subsequent discount will be applied to the reduced premium amount after applying any prior discounts and the effect of the subsequent discount will be reduced. For example, the aggregate effect of applying two 10% discounts consecutively means that you will not see the full benefit of both these discounts.
Discounts do not apply to taxes or government charges.
Discounts do not apply to optional covers for Domestic Workers Compensation / Landlord Workers Compensation, and may not apply to other optional covers (if available and selected).
Any discounts/entitlements may be subject to rounding and may only apply to the extent that any minimum premium is not reached.

5. Option to change your excess
Not available when an additional compulsory excess or imposed excess applies. Minimum Premiums apply.

6. Instalment premiums
If you choose to pay your premium by instalments you do not pay us any more than if you pay your premium in one lump sum annually. The premiums payable by instalments may be subject to minor adjustments (upwards or downwards) due to rounding. Note: Your financial institution may apply transaction fees to instalment payments.

7. 72 hour waiting period
We do not provide cover for any loss of or damage to your property caused by cyclone, grassfires and bushfires, during the first 72 hours after you first purchase a policy or increase your cover under an existing policy.

Prefer to talk?
1800 221 773 New Policies
1300 658 390 Current Policies
13 10 13 Make a Claim